[RANDOM] First Time Drinking Soju (19th Bday Challenge lels)


건배!!!



So apparently, today I'm celebrating my 19th Birthday. In my country, when you're 18, you are considered legal. That means you have the right to vote. It also means being more responsible as a young adult. But, it also marks the age when you're allowed to drink (of course not all-out drink since you're still considered a minor, but you get to experience drinking without too much restrictions).


**[SOME BACKSTORY AND WHATNOT]**

I decided to plan out something for my birthday, and considered some things that lead to this decision.

For the past few days, I've been so stressed out. The College life is taking its toll on me, and I've been struggling to balance everything... but to no avail. Sighs Taking up Engineering was the worst decision I made.

So I decided to try out something new. When I turned 18 last year, I didn't get the chance to celebrate my birthday. I remembered crying because I missed my relatives who especially went to my dorm to visit me... But I was so tired that day that I fell asleep and realized after waking up that they already went home.

That was the worst birthday for me.

Fast forward.

I'm really not that excited about drinking. My classmates from high school started drinking when we were Juniors, and when they got into college, its quite normal for them (at least from what I observed).

So yeah... I wasn't that eager to drink beer (My family has that history of being allergic to beer, specifically those made from fermented malt). I can drink gin (I tried some, but it was in low concentrations and diluted with juice). I never tried anything aside from that though.

Recently, I've been watching too many Korean dramas. I think it's the reason I picked soju as the first --- as in the first alcoholic beverage that I'm trying.


source

How did I acquire the 'green bottle'?

I went to a convenience store that sell alcoholic beverages. Honestly I think I was too curious for my own good. I just grabbed the bottle and paid for it. Then I hid it in my closet. (I'm currently a dorm resident, and they're not particularly lenient when it comes to the rules... but meh, some of the dormers actually went out late at night to drink). I'm evil, do not copy me.

I bought Jinro's Chamisul Fresh Soju 360 ml with an Alcohol/Volume of 19.5%.



Drinking Soju

I actually read up some articles online in regards to drinking soju. Some said it tasted like rubbing alcohol and leaves a burning sensation. So I looked up some 'fusion drinks' that I can make. I decided on the Yakult+Sprite+Soju. IT WAS DELICIOUS.

Of course I made that first swig of soju and holycrap it does taste like rubbing alcohol and it didn't leave a good impression on me... I guess the Yakult+Sprite+Soju was just enough for my taste buds (I like to take it easy, since I need to study the next day... it's better not to get hangovers).

So yeah... I'm actually enjoying the fusion drink that I made. It's actually good, considering that I didn't like drinking just soju. But it was an exciting experience, drinking soju for the first time, and on my birthday.

I have my water container beside me, but it contains Yakult+Sprite+Soju. I'm halfway through the soju bottle, and I'm just mixing the ingredients and taking little sips.

Welp, here's to another year! Now I have that off my bucket list hehe. 


Time to watch some Bangtan Sonyeondan clips before I sleep. :D




Mga Komento

Kilalang Mga Post