[RANDOM] Birthday Blues

Watching Reply 1988 made me feel really nostalgic and the drama itself relates well to my current situation in life and my relationship with my family.

I cried a lot and laughed a lot. But one particular scene caught my attention. It was that episode where Jung Hwan's father celebrated his birthday.

Having the Birthday Blues.

I had the Birthday blues this year. But recently, for the past few years, I've been sulking more often during my birthday than on normal days.

I wondered, "Why do I feel so down???"

I searched online, trying to find some sort of information regarding this, and found some sites that pointed out the 'symptoms'.

You feel depressed/sad on your birthday... sometimes you wonder why, but it actually reflects your expectations for your birthday. Maybe that expectation ruined what your birthday actually turned out to be. For example, you thought on your birthday, many friends would remember that it's your special day, but that CERTAIN FRIEND didn't even messaged you. Furthermore, you tried messaging some that you'll be inviting them out for lunch, and that's when they remembered your birthday.

You laughed bitterly as you noticed that even social networking sites remembered your birthday, but none of your 'friends' remember.

You thought on your birthday, you'd be able to relax and have time for yourself, but it turns out there's a lot of work to do. You thought you'll receive gifts, but actually didn't receive any.

For the whole day, you thought about 'what should've been'.

I happen to experience the birthday blues this year. The day's not yet over, but some of my friends, even those I never expected, remembered that it was my special day. But one friend forgot, and even though I tried dropping hints (huhuhu much desperation to get noticed XD), she ultimately did not give any attention or just ignored it altogether. I remembered on her birthday I sent a message saying "Happy Birthday", and even took the effort to find a cake for her... but this time, I just thought this friend does not even recognize my efforts. I helped her a lot (This is kinda personal for me), and I expected that she would at least send a message. But no... I guess people just use you sometimes, and forget to appreciate those who have been a big help in their life. :(

Anyways, looking at the brighter side of things, another friend who I was ignoring because of an argument greeted me early in the morning. I was shocked and touched at the small gesture... Maybe, some friends do remember, but some forget. It's kinda sad and at the same time, I'm thankful that I know now who treasures me more. (I kinda did this 'experiment', where I set my notifs off so people wouldn't be alerted that it's my birthday, and alas, only a few remembered! It's actually nice, because you know those people are genuine).

So yeah, I'm kinda hurting inside, but I tried to tell myself, that it's just a birthday. What's important is how I spend everyday with the people I interact with.


So if you're also celebrating your birthday without your friends/family remembering about it, do not be sad. :) I know you only get to celebrate it once a year, but also remember that you have everyday to be memorable.


Here's some BTS smiling for you:





 


  

Mga Komento

Kilalang Mga Post