[Rant] Chicken pox... urrrgghhhhh

I got Chickenpox right before the Exam 


week.



Chickenpox is a viral infection caused by the varicella-zoster virus. Symptoms include itchy rash that turns into blisters filled with fluid. Other symptoms include fever, headache, and loss of appetite.

When I decided to study in an advance academic program, the workload was immense... I had to unwillingly sacrifice my free time to study, and juggle projects and social interactions in both hands.

Because of the stress and the polluted environment (from the province I went to the city to study), I had to battle with diseases and pollution.

But it wasn't in my first year of college when I caught the virus.

The night before I noticed I was sick, I wasn't able to sleep properly. My temperature rose.

The next day I decided to visit the clinic. As I was about to take a bath, I noticed itchy boils on my skin from my stomach to my forehead. I quickly finished taking a bath and headed to the clinic.

I was told I had chickenpox. And I had to be isolated.

So from that day on for a week, I had to stay at my aunt's house to recuperate.

My immune system was failing me again, and two weeks after getting sick, the examinations were being set. I missed three meetings for my maths and chemistry lecture and lab classes. It was already a big disadvantage for me since I had to also make sure that I contribute to a World Lit. group presentation.

What's unfair for me was the fact that my maths and chemistry lec classes marks you absent even if you get sick. That means no excuses for sickness or accidents. So if you get into an unavoidable accident, you must double your work to make up for the grade. Even if you present a medical certificate, you're not excused.

Thus, I suffered in my first semester.

I had to take the Aciclovir Zyvax tablets and rest a lot since the blisters were all over my body by the third day.

I was embarrassed and was in pain from the pesky blisters. As a college student, I was short in cash, and being sick just robbed me of my allowance for a month. T - T

When I was finally recovering, the blisters left some ugly marks on my skin and I had to nod my head when I walk because I was embarrassed of my scars.

Urrrrgggghhhh.... the memory infuriates me.

I wasn't so used with the city air. The first day in the polluted place I had a fever and sore throat. A few weeks later I had colds. These few weeks I had flu from the ever changing weather conditions and the intense heat.

Since I have a weak immune system (I had to be hospitalized thrice during high school), I had to build up my defense. I take vitamins and eat fruits everyday. I don't forget to eat my meals and I drink at least five glasses of water.

So far, I managed to survive in college without being taken into the hospital with an IV drip needle taped on my hand.

It's really hard to get sick.

Mga Komento

Kilalang Mga Post